Thursday, October 6, 2011

Let the scrambling begin!

Last week I prayed hard about how annoying I should become to my adoption agency.  I've talked to quite a few adopters, past and present, and they've each said it's good to be pro-active and call when you don't know what's going on.  Or even if you do know.  You want them to remember you and keep working hard for you.  (I've done a fair job at this so far, probably more like medium-active).  So I thought about what they said ... hoped I wouldn't have to do it ... and then finally decided I'd take action this week if there was still no word.

Monday passed and nothing happened.  Tuesday, I was touched in my core by the response and spontaneous prayer of one of my students and her sister.  As I was telling her mom that we'd decided to adopt, my student immediately said "I'll be praying!"  Not 3 seconds later, her little sister shouted, "I said a little prayer for you right now!"  I don't know why, but it jogged my memory about how much the Lord values the prayers of His little ones...

...and I gained some courage.

That afternoon, I emailed Colleen at the agency, and spent a lot of energy trying to politely word an email asking "WHEN will we be able to set up this home study?!"  I promise it was not that obnoxious.  Waylon approved, and he's much better at being sensitive than I am - at least in this area ;) 

And wouldn't you know it, she emailed back that very afternoon, proposed a date for the study, and even said she's "looking forward to meeting" us ... and used a smiley face!  Thank you, Father, for once again paving this road for me. 

OUR HOME STUDY IS NOW SET FOR OCT. 21ST! 

Let the scramble begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment