Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Small updates

I think I've begun to experience the "slow" parts of adoption:  periods of time where nothing seems to happen, even though it probably is.  It's a good thing I was warned about this while researching.  And I'm also grateful for the warning that I'll need to be prepared to fight to keep things moving forward.   I've started this battle with placing two emails to the agency to see if they really are scheduling us a home study.  So far I've only heard "I'll have Colleen give you a call."  That was only a week ago, but it feels longer.  I'm ready, Colleen.  Call any time. 

Oh well, I'm using the time to keep planning things on my end.  At the moment, this involves putting together a photo album!  Once we reach final approval from the agency, they will present our photo album (along with several others) to various birth mothers, depending on how we "match up" to each other.  This album will contain a letter to the birth mother from us, de-identified information about us, and lots of family/friends/life pictures.  The birth mother chooses adoptive parents largely based on what she sees. 

I'm also realizing how much I do not like taking pictures.  Or maybe I'm just not that sentimental about them.  Whatever the reason, I'm so glad I have loving family and friends to email me pictures that I didn't take but should have :)

Another thing that needs planning is emptying of the future nursery... (wow, didn't think I'd get to use that word for a long time, if ever.  This is momentous!).. Right now, this room is "the junk room" and yes, there's a lot of it.  Thankfully, my neighborhood has a garage sale coming up!  Most of the junk is old furniture we don't use or want anymore.  But the closet is another issue.  Right now it's got storage bins covering the floor, and the rack has all my ironing hanging there.  Where will I put the ironing stuff from now on?  It HAS to be near the TV (which is upstairs and far away from the laundry room, and the laundry room is too small to keep ironing stuff in anyway) because there is NO WAY I'll ever iron without having something to distract me.  I'm thinking the guest room closet will just have to be filled...

(I just reread this post and it's a little bit boring... too factual and not enough humor.  Why are you still reading?)

Here's my latest moment where God showed me again, how much me cares about the details in my life:  Today BSF started, and He kept the one girl from my small group last year, who's also adopting, with me in this year's group.  All the other girls were put in different groups. 
:)

Alright, time to re-ignite the photo album creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment